Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Good Eats



I have posted about some of my favorites on the Food Network before, but I thought that Good Eats deserved a new post.

I was never much of a cook. Bacon & eggs were fine dining to me. However, after watching the Food Network, Good Eats specifically, I have become much more adventurous in the kitchen. Alton Brown makes it look so easy. I know from experience, that it always seems easier when the pros do it on TV. But everyday brings me one step closer to my own 'Good Eats'.

Here is the first paragraph from Wikipedia on Good Eats.

Good Eats is a television cooking show created and hosted by Alton Brown that airs in North America on Food Network. Likened to television science educators Mr. Wizard and Bill Nye, Brown explores the science and technique behind the cooking, the history of different foods, and the advantages of different kinds of cooking equipment. The show tends to focus on familiar dishes that can easily be made at home, and also features segments on choosing the right appliances, and getting the most out of inexpensive, multi-purpose tools. Each episode of Good Eats has a distinct theme, which is typically an ingredient or a certain cooking technique, but may also be a more general theme such as Thanksgiving, or "man food".

Humor and corny acting are another reason that I keep coming back to see older episodes. (I only started watching about a year ago.) So all of the older shows are new to me.

Alton is on other shows on the Food Network like Iron Chef America & Feasting on Asphalt. Plus the occasional holiday special, etc.

There seems like there is no end to the wonderful world of food. With Alton and the rest of the Food Network, we can all have our own 'Good Eats'.

No comments:

Post a Comment