Saturday, February 21, 2009

2009 Oscars


I did not see alot of the pictures this year. (I think The Dark Knight is the only one I saw.) So I can't really make a honest pick for best picture, best actor, etc. But, I did just watch a news story on ABC World News about a man named Nate Silver.

Who is Nate Silver? He is the statistician that used computer models and crunched the numbers to accurately predict the 2008 Presidential Election on his blog: Fivethirtyeight.

ABC News asked him to take all the data from the past 30 years of Oscars and to make some picks, based on the numbers. His results were interesting.

Best Picture: Slumdog Millionaire
Best Actor: Mickey Rourke for The Wrestler
Best Actress: Kate Winslet for The Reader
Best Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger for The Dark Knight
Best Supporting Actress: Taraji P. Henson for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

We will have to see if he's right. Stay Tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment