Saturday, August 29, 2009

G.I. Joe Movie Review


On Thursday night, I finally got to see G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra! I have been wanting to see it but something always came up. The movie is based on the popular kids toys from Hasbro. As a kid, I did not have the toys, but I was a fan of the cartoon from the 80's. And this movie is very much in the same vein as Transformers 1 & 2. A big cheesy summer blockbuster film. Don't think war movie, think X-Men. While not all the characters are there, most of them are. And most of them have a neat back story to boot!

The basic plot (in a nutshell) is Cobra wants to do nasty things to the world and G.I. Joe team has to stop them. And both sides have all the latest and greatest toys at their disposal. The film looks great. You know you are watching a big cheesy blockbuster, but it's OK. You can sit back and watch the eye-candy wash over you. While there is violence, it's mild with little blood and gore, etc. You can bring the kids who might not get the details of the plot, but will enjoy explosion after explosion! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment