Sunday, July 5, 2009

Mean Robots Suck!





Last night my wife and I went to go see Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. You might think that I didn't like the movie, based on my Title, but it's just a line from the movie! It was very good! I know that this film has gotten some pretty bad reviews. But I liked the first movie, so I was anxious to see this one. Whenever I go to a big summer-blockbuster, I kinda know what to expect. And this movie delivers the goods. I.E. giant robots fighting each other!

The movie takes place 2 years after the events of the 1st movie. There is a long and detailed plot, but the short version is the Decepticons want to destroy the Earth, the Autobots want to stop them and they need the humans to help them. That's really all you need to know. You strap yourself in and hang on for a wild ride!

Shia LaBeouf does a good job of playing Sam, the unlikely hero. There are just some roles that were meant for certain actors. Or roles that people were born to play. If someone else played Sam, it would just seem wrong.

Megan Fox is back as Sam's girlfriend. She has a couple of good scenes. Her and Sam seem to spend a lot of time, running from explosions. But she looks very good while she does it! :)

Most of the other 'human' characters are there, Sam's parents for comedic value. Josh Duhamel & Tyrese Gibson as soldiers fighting along side with the Autobots. But the real scene stealer is John Turturro who returns in the role of Seymour Simmons, a government agent who looking into alien activity. He has lots of funny lines and helps the movie move along.

If your expecting high drama or big belly laughs, you have lots of other choices this summer. But if your in the mood for a fun movie with tons of eye candy, this is it!

"Autobots, roll out!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment